Food Drive - February 2013
I am always so amazed by the generosity of the people in our community. Webelos Scouts Mo and Michael were on the door at the Piggly Wiggly one morning in February from 10:00-11:45. They politely asked shoppers if they would like to shop for items needed at the food pantry or make a donation. Twenty-four bags of groceries and $55 in cash donations were received during their shift. Scouts have always been involved with "Scouting for Food" drives, so it was very appropriate that we could help Baskerville Ministries with their food drive needs.
Scouting displays have been placed at the Waccamaw Public Library for the month of February. Your boys can see some of Mr. Otto's scouting patch collection and other scouting memorabilia in the right hand box when you enter the library. The Cub Core Values are highlighted in the left hand box.
of the Scouts
The sun rises on the tents of Pack 323 and Troop 360 on South Island in Georgetown. The Pack has watched five young men walk the ceremonial bridge from Webelos of Pack 323 and become Boy Scouts of Troop 360.
Tiger Cubs joined the older scouts and tried a new sport during the June Pack event at the East Bay Park Disc Golf course.
In late January, a group of Pack 323 scouts and parents went to the USS Yorktown aircraft carrier and camped overnight. The group explored Charlestowne Landing Saturday afternoon in the rain, and then got back on the ship for dinner. The scouts got to experience real Navy life, eating meals and sleeping in bunks like the sailors onboard the Yorktown did.
They also had great fun exploring the USS Yorktown, USS Clamagore and USS Ingham on their own, and each participant received a special Yorktown patch.
Pack 323 Calendar 2009-2010
- Sept 27 Pack Meeting, St. Paul’s, 12:30 pm, Sunday
Pumpkin unloading followed by pizza
- Oct 1 Pack Meeting, St. Paul’s, 6:30 pm, Thursday
Theme: “Jungle Safari”
- Nov 5 Pack Meeting, St. Paul’s, 6:30 pm, Thursday
Theme: “Cub Scout Hero Salute”, Bobcat Ceremony
- Dec 6 Pack Meeting, Sunday, 3:00pm,
March in the Murrells Inlet
- Jan 23 Pinewood Derby, St. Paul’s, 1:00 pm, Saturday
- Feb 14 Scout Sunday, Worship at St. Paul’s Methodist, 11:00 am
- Sept 26, 27: Mom and Me Campout, Camp Moultrie
email Bmeares@sc.rr.com to request registration form (deadline 9/18)
- Oct 24, 25: Cub Haunted Weekend, Camp Ho Non Wah
choose “Camping”, choose “Event List“, choose “Cub Haunted Session 2”, register now since this fills up fast
- Nov 7, 8: Buck Hall, Awendaw, Camp with Troop 360
- Feb 27, 28: 100 Year Jamboree Campout, Beneventum Plantation, Georgetown
- Mar 13, 14: Bridging Ceremony and Camp with Troop 360, Wee Tee Plantation
- Mar 27, 28: Cub-Dad Campout, Camp Ho Non Wah
- Apr 17, 18: Cub Family Campout, Camp Ho Non Wah
Pack 323 Leadership
- Cubmaster: Ernie Stokes
- Assistant Cubmasters
- Sam Averette
- Johnny Miller
- Alan Walters
- Chartered Organization Representative: Otto Freier
- Treasurer: Rene Preedom
- Membership and Advancements: Kristi Ahalt
- Tigers, First Grade: Beth Meares
- Wolves, Second Grade: Elizabeth Parler
- Bears, Third Grade: Sam Averette
- Webelos 1, Fourth Grade: Alan Walters
- Webelos 2, Fifth Grade: David Hays
- Den Chiefs
- Josh Carlton
- Jim Green
- Bobby Walters